So one time, one of my guy friends said, “I’m pretty sure I’m straight but I’ve never slept with a man so how do I know for sure if I’m not bisexual or gay” and so he actually went and picked up a guy, had sex with him and after ward he said, “Well that was fun but I appear to be straight.” and just went on with his life without making a big deal about his dip into homosexuality and really, I think everybody should be this relaxed about sexualities
Aaaaaaaand I can’t breathe.
Occasionally I’ll find myself in a creative funk, just staring at the blank, white page of my journal, without a clue as to what to fill it with. When I’m feeling most creative, I’ll grab a sheet of paper and jot down ideas to use later when the creative ideas come to a halt. I thought perhaps you’d find some use in one of my lists so here it is. Do with it as you wish. You can pick and choose on the days when a little inspiration is in order, or you can turn it into a 40 day art journal challenge. The choice is yours.
- Choose a lyric from one of your favorite songs and bring it to life on a page.
- Go crazy with masking tape!
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle- scoop up junk mail, paper bags, paper scraps, fabric scraps, WHATEVER, and use these things to create a background, then go nuts with color.
- Journal about something or someone that inspires you.
- Paste a photograph that brings back a good memory to your page and design around it.
- Turn found objects into stamps. A few good ones would be: an empty toilet paper roll, bubble wrap (if you can resist popping the bubbles!), crumpled paper, the sole of a shoe… The options are endless!
- Pick one word, any word. Include it in your entry.
- Illustrate what change looks like to you.
- Happy vs. sad.
- Draw a map of a made up place you’d like to visit/live.
- Go outside, sketch, paint, draw, or doodle whatever you see in front of you.
- Grab a few magazines and cut out your perfect outfit. Journal about where you’d wear it to, how it would make you feel…
- Create an abstract painting of the room you’re in.
- If you were on death row, what would your last meal be? How would you spend your day? (A bit morbid, but just go with it!)
- Practice painting or drawing letters in a new font you’ve never tried before.
- Burned paper.
- Opposite hand. Created a page using your less dominant hand. If you’re ambidextrous, use the hand you use less often.
- Circle madness.
- Don’t think, just do. Just slap some paint down and go to town.
- Playing with patterns.
- A special someone. Journal about someone who you love dearly.
- The alphabet.
- Choose a song that reminds you of a dark time and bring it to life on the page.
- Get rid of it. Got something bothering you? Spill it out onto your journal page and leave it there.
- Tea art. Splash it, spill it, drip it, blob it… Create a background using your tea.
- What would you do if you hit the lottery?
- These are a few of my favorite things.
- Create a bridge leading from where you are now, and where you want to be.
- Bad habits.
- Create a self portrait.
- A picture is worth a thousand words.
- Pick a quote.
- Draw a tree and replace the leaves with random objects/doodles.
- Write down all of the things you dislike about yourself then cover it up with gesso, and write down all of the things you like about yourself.
- Design a room that would inspire you just being in it.
- Childhood memories.
apparently e.l. james called former child star mara wilson (matilda) a “sad fuck” for critiquing the 50shades books a while ago and now there’s a feud. i love it.
this gives me hope.
if there is one person on the planet you should trust when it comes to books it’s Matilda
Let’s talk about sex - Tumblr Edition Part 1
Seriously… read all 4! XD
Children. They were teaching children.
Rowena, Godric, Salazar; they tended to forget that. They saw young minds, young acolytes - eyes that would look up to them. Not innocence. Not childish wonder.
Toughen them, said Godric.
Make them smart, said Rowena.
And ambitious, above all, said Salazar.
But war and the real world; that was not where children belonged. Aye, they would belong one day, but it was not their part to turn them cruel, make them hard, make their eyes dart sideways always looking for ways to twist the world to further their own ends. They were to protect them. Shield them from the worst so that some good, some kindness would find its way into an ever darkening world. To give them weapons and teach them how to use them, but never tell them that those weapons were their only hope.
She’d seen in all the battles she’d rode out to just how dark the world could be. Was it not their duty to bring light into this world? To fight darkness with light; not with more darkness - with divisiveness and strife and hatred?
I will take them all, she said.
I will protect the ones you will not. I will save them. I will give them a home. They will be the last rays of all that is good in this world. I will teach them kindness. I will teach them loyalty. I will teach them selflessness.
I will teach them how to be the backbone, the heart of this world. I will teach them how to stand steadfast, when all hope is lost.
I will teach them how to be human, to be more than just one single word.
No, she knew, theirs would not be an easy path, or a glorious one. They would have no songs. No great tales in books. No laurels. No consolation, no thanks.
But they would be the reason why, when the darkness finally came, all of them in all their different colours would stand shoulder to shoulder and draw their wands as brothers in arms.
Not for achievements. Not for trophies. Not for power.
For goodness. For hope.
And when the time came for them to choose the words that would forever guide the children that would come to them, Helga smiled and engraved, upon a bronze plaque, these words:
Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus.
(But her students remembered a very different set of words. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.)
(Helga Hufflepuff requested by boney-eyes-jefferson)
#and this my friends is why no one is quite sure what a hufflepuff really is #the answer is: everyone #they come in a million different shapes and sizes #they could be braver than gryffindors #and more cunning and more ambitious than slytherins #even smarter than ravenclaws #but they all come to hufflepuff #and there learn to be loyal and fair and goodhearted #and that quite possibly #is why hufflepuff has hardly any dark witches and wizards #because they have learnt how to be the very last line of defense #before chaos takes over the world #and this #THIS is the sleeping dragon you do not tickle #because if they can’t protect the earth you can be damned well sure they’ll avenge it
<3 Hufflepuff forever <3
You think you’re going to be hip and teen forever and then suddenly you find yourself drinking red wine and playing board games and lusting after men with beards
requested by anxious-demon
Johnny Galecki, regarding rumors about him being gay.
I’m reblogging this again because it’s one of the best things to have ever been said ever.